Nigeria's navy dated to 1914, when the northern and southern marine detachments were merged to form the Nigerian Marine Department. Nigeria's Navy aims to train,equip and emplace a highly motivated and operationally combat ready navy force.
a. Medical Consultants: Applicants must possess MBBS, Fellowship in area of specialization e.g. FWACS, FMCR or equivalent and current license for practice from Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN). Candidates are to apply into the following disciplines: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal Medicine, ENT, Radiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Psychiatry, Orthopedic/Trauma, Anesthesia and Ophthalmology.
b. Medical Doctors: (General Duty Medical Officers) MBBS or equivalent degree required. Certificate of full registration and current license for practice from MDCN are relevant.
c. Dental Doctors: (General Duty Dental Officers) BDS required. Certificate of registration and current license for practice from MDCN are relevant.
d. Dental Consultants:
(1) Maxillofacial Surgery. BDS and Fellowship in Maxillofacial Surgery required.
(2) Orthodontist. BDS and Fellowship in Orthodontology required.
(3) Peridontist. BDS and Fellowship in Periodontology required.
e. Physiotherapy: Minimum of BSc required.
f. Pharmacy: Minimum of BSc required.
g. Medical Laboratory Science: BMLS or AIMLT and certificate of registration required for the following:
Academic BSc degree holders are not required
h. Radiography: Minimum of BSc/HND required.
i. Clinical Psychology: Minimum of BSc required.
j. Nursing: BNSc/SRN or SRM with post basic qualificaton in a nursing field. Sub specializations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, Anaesthesia will be an added advantage.
k. Bio-medical Engineering: BSc/HND required.
l. Medical Records: Minimum of BSc/HND required.
m. Nutritionist: Minimum of BSc/HND required.
Applicants must possess BA/HND in music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
Applicants must possess B.Sc in either Criminology or Psychology.
Applicants must possess BSc/HND in Physical & Health Education or equivalent. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an advantage.
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information as information supplied will be used to evaluate your suitability for shortlisting at any particular stage. Any false information discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
5. Applicants should be between 22 and 30 years of age by 31st December 2010 except Doctors, Lawyers, Architects, Imams, Chaplains and Serving Personnel who should not be more than 35 years.
6. Applicants will be shortlisted for qualifying aptitude test and the result placed on the website, notices will be duly published in national dailies.
7. Applicants are to choose a centre of their choice for the qualifying Aptitude Test.
8. Qualifying Aptitude Tests will hold on 23rd Jan 2010 at 8.00 AM in the following centres:
(a). Abuja - Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
(b). Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
(c). Enugu – Command Secondary School.
(d). Lagos - Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
(e). Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
(f). Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
9. Names of successful candidates during the qualifying aptitude test will be published in national dailies for further examinations.
10. Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres.
(a) Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge papers.
(b) Duly completed copy of Service Referee form, Parent/Guardian Consent form and Local Government Attestation form.
Click here to apply online
Technical Support: For Technical Support Please Call: 09-8704817, 09-8708475 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org available btw 8:30am and 5:30pm
Application Support: For Position / Course Requirement Enquires, Please Call Nigerian Navy on : 09-8704817, 09-8708475 or Email email@example.com
Monday, November 30, 2009
Nigerian Navy : APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT INTO THE DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION - DSSC COURSE 19
Posted by opportunity for you at 9:05 PM